Parish Administrator & Finance Officer
30 hours per week
Legacy Papamoa is a new Anglican Missionary service in the Bay of Plenty area, based at Legacy Gardens, Papamoa.
A new varied role has been created for a combined Administrator & Finance Officer. We are looking for a warm honest, reliable, enthusiastic, people-friendly person who can relate well to a wide range of people of all ethnicities and social backgrounds to be the front person at Legacy Gardens. But wait – there’s more … Not only will you be ‘receptionist extraordinaire’, you will also have the skills to manage the administration of Legacy Papamoa, and have a finance background to work alongside the Finance Team of the Anglican Diocese of Waiapu.
The key skills and attributes we are looking for are:
- To be a self-starter – requiring a minimum of supervision and management.
- Excellent personal assistant/secretarial/receptionist skills.
- Have excellent skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The position continually requires discretion, confidentiality, poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Has experience in office management and maintaining of efficient systems, and able to maintain a tidy and professional working environment.
- Must be fully conversant with current accountancy practices and can initiate and promote improvements in internal methods and procedures.
- Excellent IT skills – high competency level in Microsoft Office programmes (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher).
- An ability to produce publications, newsletters, song sheets etc. Have strong writing skills including excellent grammar and spelling.
- Have an ability to relate positively with Diocesan and Parish staff. Be able to problem solve, and cope with any non-routine situations.
For a copy of the full Job Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your cover letter and CV to Colleen at email@example.com.
Applications close Tuesday 18th April 2017.
ST JOHN'S ANGLICAN CHURCH, TAURANGA
Children's Ministry Coordinator
St John's Anglican Church has a position for a Children's Ministry Coordinator for 6 hours per week.
Key Tasks in this role:
Responsibility for the oversight and leadership of the Children's Ministries that include Messy Message (Sunday morning children's programme); Messy Church; and All Age Services
To work collegially with the Playgroup Coordinator, offering participation and support; and to liaise with the Toy Librarian
To regularly attend Playgroup as the liaison person between Playgroup and Parishioners
Communicate consistently with parents and assist with providing the tools they need for spiritual leadership
Proactively engage with the parish in relation to Diocesan children's and youth events including Top Parish
If you are interested in this position please contact Lynda Wallace for a Position Description. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 576-9923.